Safety & Security
“The arrangements for safeguarding children are given the highest priority”.
Ofsted Report 2013
We want children to be safe and secure whilst at nursery and there is a detailed “Children’s Safety Policy” in operation. Security is also high on our list of priorities and we have implemented a number of measures to ensure that our nursery environment remains safe:
- CCTV surveillance on the outside of the nursery (and throughout the Dean Clough site)
- Access to the building via security coded entrance with video phones
- Rigorous staff recruitment procedures
- All staff have Disclosure and Barring Service checks (formerly CRB checks)
- Enclosed play area with safety surfaces
- Risk Assessments for all areas within the nursery and for all nursery outings
- Mobile phones are banned from use in the rooms
- Whistleblowing Policy for staff/parents to raise any concerns
- Restricted access to Totspot Facebook Page for parents / staff only.